TEXAS MOTORCYCLE REQUIREMENTS FOR ADULTS (18+)
Printed as a courtesy by THE RIDERCOURSE CENTER
- Requirements for passing are:
- 100% attendance of all activities during scheduled class. The course is composed of building blocks & each new skill is based on what you learned in the previous exercise. No exercises are postponed or made up.
- minimum 80% grade on written knowledge test that is based on classroom participation & the reading material in the workbook you receive.
- a maximum of 20 points on the riding skills evaluation which is based on the range practice sessions & the students ability to demonstrate his/her necessary criteria.
Requirements to obtain license after Passing the Course
- Proof of Identity. 37 Texas Administrative Code 15.24.
- Proof of Social Security Number. (If you do not have a Social Security Number you will need to complete a Social Security Affidavit (DL-13) form.). 37 Texas Administrative Code 15.42, Texas Transportation Code 521.044.
- Proof of Texas vehicle registration and liability insurance, if you own a vehicle. Texas Transportation Code 521.143.
- Proof of Successful completion of Basic Operator Training Course. **Effective 9/1/2009 SB1967
- Complete required forms available at any Texas Driver License office.
- Pay the required fee. 37 Texas Administrative Code 15.40, Texas Transportation Code 521.421.
- Pass the written (road rules, signs and motorcycle), and vision examinations. 37 Texas Administrative Code 15.51, 37 Texas Administrative Code 15.52, Texas Transportation Code 521.161.
- Application must include photograph and thumbprints; however, thumbprints are not included on the driver license. 37 Texas Administrative Code 15.44, 37 Texas Administrative Code 15.45, Texas Transportation Code 521.142.
We suggest that you wear proper riding attire as taught in the course & be very courteous as your license depends on this Examiner�s opinion of you.
Think of more questions? Give us a call at 972-317-6322 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to register? Go to ourMotorcycle Training Schedule to select a class and register online.
The licensing information on this page was derived from information gathered from the Texas Department of Transportation. For more information, please visit their website.